TR: Tamarack Lk, Lonely Lk, Tablelands 6/26/18-6/30/18

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Tamarack Lk, Lonely Lk, Tablelands 6/26/18-6/30/18

Post by Harlen »

Thanks a lot for the TR. This is a place we have never been, but we'll soon remedy that! How can we not want to walk into some of your pictures- they are so lovely! Thanks again for the inspiration. The Harlen Clan.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
xcountry rider
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by xcountry rider »

Truly enjoyably read with great photos. Thank you so much!
bbayley80
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by bbayley80 »

Maia.
fantastic writeup and pics! as I am deep in trip planing here you have I think made up my mind(after I thought I already had) that THIS trip will be 'the one' ! my buddy and I had planned to get over to Tamarack-via Lion Rock Pass- from Nine Lakes Basin a few years ago, but snow cover had different plans. I have wanted to try to get up there again. We did take the high trail back upon our HST return and found it to be a highlight as well. both Lonely and 11,200 are unreal. definitely following your path. and too funny about Smash Mouth stuck in your head..it could be worse. we have a three year old son, so I often have some toddler song or cartoon theme in my head for days on end as I tromp through the wilderness. thanks again for the inspiration and insight.