High Loop around Mt. Brewer: more photos

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

High Loop around Mt. Brewer: more photos

Post by cgundersen »

I just realized that the only photo with Brewer featured is the first shot from Kearsarge Pass. Well, at least there is one shot! Here are a few more shots as the road heads for Sphinx Lakes:
sg to bb1.jpg
to sphinx.jpg
sphinx pass.jpg
sphinx basin.jpg
From here, it was a long haul down hill, and then back up to Kearsarge. Whew!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: High Loop around Mt. Brewer: more photos

Post by maverick »

Any shots of Big Brewer Lake?
You must have skirted way too close to the creek after descending the short scramble from below the first Sphinx Lake and then crossing the small meadow, instead of staying higher up, in-between the trees, and below the boulders.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic

Post by cgundersen »

Hi Mav,
Dang, you're getting close to 10,000 posts. Will the counter start over at 0, or will it accommodate 5 digits?

As it was, Joy did not take any photos of Big Brewer, but she did take a couple shots across the upper plateau we traversed to get to the Sphinx ridge. I'll post one shot looking back at the route we came down on the way from Southguard to Sphinx across the upper part of Brewer basin:
bbr.jpg
Cameron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Cool, thank you Cam, love that place, hope to revisit later on this year. :nod:

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Mav,
Dang, you're getting close to 10,000 posts. Will the counter start over at 0, or will it accommodate 5 digits?
Had no answer to your question back then, but now I do, it does accommodate 5 digits. :nod:

cgundersen
Topix Fanatic

Post by cgundersen »

Hey Mav,
OK, sometime in the next year, I'll probably record a 1000th post. That will be 12 years after signing into HST. At that rate, I'll have to live to ~180 to reach your "output". Kinda puts things in perspective. Count me among the folks who appreciate your diligence and contributions! Cameron
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hey Mav,
OK, sometime in the next year, I'll probably record a 1000th post. That will be 12 years after signing into HST. At that rate, I'll have to live to ~180 to reach your "output". Kinda puts things in perspective. Count me among the folks who appreciate your diligence and contributions! Cameron
Thanks Cameron, it's members like yourself that makes the time spent on HST well worth the effort. :nod:

kursavwilage
Topix Acquainted

Post by kursavwilage »

Thanks for report and the photos, love that pic of you going over the cornice. What pack are you carrying in that photo?
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

[Mav] Count me among the folks who appreciate your diligence and contributions! Cameron
Cameron, it's members like yourself that makes the time spent on HST well worth the effort.
We second both opinions, the Harlens.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic

Post by cgundersen »

kursavwilage: that would be one of those 1976 vintage A16 external frame models. I still use it because I can pack a "ton" of junk in it, and I'm very accustomed to how it rides. But, it's held together with more chewing gum and duct tape than I am. I rue the day it can no longer be glued together.
Cameron