Yosemite WP trailhead report

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Yosemite WP trailhead report

Post by SSSdave »

Thought the below report would be interesting to occasionally check as Memorial Day weekend approaches. Trailheads filling up for that holiday are an indication of where backpackers tend to visit on this first summer holiday.

http://home.nps.gov/archive/yose/rptFul ... dDates.htm

I personally won't be in the park on that weekend but was in the Mather area last weekend for some wildflower work and am considering going back to that zone maybe this coming Saturday in order to backpack cross country up to bench above Wapama Falls on Falls Creek where I'm expecting wildflowers might be interesting. Likely rather dangerous since getting next to the huge cliff edges is certain to offer photo ops. I'm currently a juror here in San Jose for the next several weeks of a civil lawsuit trial but that trial is recessed for this coming Monday and Tuesday giving me four days to put to use though probably just need a couple for that idea.

...David
david@davidsenesac.com
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

A lady I know was trying for the fourth weekend in June for a couple spots, reservations are filled already. I don't know what the chances are for a walkin permit. I'm not worried, she is trying for a third choice.
Piece of cake.