TR: Cathedral Range July 2017 — Epic Fail + Questions

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Stanley Otter
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: Cathedral Range July 2017 — Epic Fail + Questions

Post by Stanley Otter »

Lovely -- quite a different scale than the Dolomites. And, yes, a very different kind of experience -- only isolated pockets of wilderness where we were. My daughter and I really enjoyed the via ferrata routes we encountered -- Momma not so much. Boisterous Italian climbing clubs at the rifugios, a hot shower if you want it, good food, and a variety of homemade grappas/schnapps to sample right from the jugs fermenting on the deck. Check out the last photo below -- I couldn't believe it...
Geisler-Odle.jpg
Utia Pisciadu.jpg
Village of Colfosco.jpg
Modified Poster.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roaring in my ears,
the mountain temple's silence.
Nobody else here!
-- Edith Schiffert
Graydog
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Cathedral Range July 2017 — Epic Fail + Questions

Post by Graydog »

If I had to guess I would say you have an allergy to either dairy, soy or gluten. Those are the big three when it comes to stomach issues though there could be other foods that you have a sensitivity to. When you are home I would eliminate all three of the above for a couple of weeks and then add one back in and see how you do, if no problems then add in a second and so on. When the problems start up again you have generally found what is causing it as after removing it for a couple of weeks your body definitely responds when it is added back in.