Help w/Trip Planning: 6/7 Days starting at Shepards Pass

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
dbogey
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Help w/Trip Planning: 6/7 Days starting at Shepards Pass

Post by dbogey »

Taking my daughter out to the Sierras again this year and need some help planning areas to visit. I already have my permits starting at Shepards Pass in August. FYI - I'm close to 50 and she's in her 20's. We both really enjoy photography (i'll be traveling with my fuji xt2 and tripod) and we'd like to find some good places to swim if possible. I'd like her to try her hand at fishing also while were out. I do plan on visiting Picket Guard Lake. You can PM me if you wish to not share your secret places with others :unibrow:

I'll post a trip report when back.

thanks
Daniel
Just another day in paradise
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Help w/Trip Planning: 6/7 Days starting at Shepards Pass

Post by maverick »

Crabtree, Wallace, Casper Lakes (including inlet creek, west towards Table Mountain) are you fishing lakes/streams in that region, you have the swimming pool covered with Picket. :nod:
Get an early start on Shepherd Pass! Do some scouting for photo locations on the western side of Shepherd, great views toward Western Divide and Kaweah Ridgeline, have a great pano shot from that location that has brought in several thousand $. :cool:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org