TR: High Sierra Trail 2017 9/17-9/22

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Flamingo
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: High Sierra Trail 2017 9/17-9/22

Post by Flamingo »

Great trip report @nightowl. Your photographs are excellent. Do you have an album with more photos (on Flickr, or somewhere like that)? I'd love to see more of your pics.
nightowl
Topix Acquainted

Post by nightowl »

Flamingo wrote:Great trip report @nightowl. Your photographs are excellent. Do you have an album with more photos (on Flickr, or somewhere like that)? I'd love to see more of your pics.
Thanks so much! Just my blog: www.backcountrycow.com and my instagram: @aaliceinwonderland
nightowl
Topix Acquainted

Post by nightowl »

bobby49 wrote:Good report. I covered the same ground in mid-August to one point. I had reached Crabtree Meadow on the fourth day, so I did the Whitney summit on Day Five and returned to Crabtree. Then on Day Six I exited out over Cottonwood Pass to Horseshoe Meadow. Back in early July, the streams were flowing dangerously high and fast, but by August they were normal. As far as the Whitney summit went, that was Year 41 for me.
Oh nice! Luckily the stream crossings were all manageable for us being the end of September, but I can imagine they are are a lot more challenging earlier in the season!