7/6-9 West Fork Cherry Creek - Bourland Meadow TH

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
murphtron
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: 7/6-9 West Fork Cherry Creek - Bourland Meadow TH

Post by murphtron »

Cool, thx for the map. Right where the blue GPS data is displayed it appears you went up over a ridge away from the creek. How was that? I recall scouting it a few years ago, but I went a bit further north in the green gully and then backtracked to the creek. because the water was low-ish we climbed down the waterfall you were probably trying to avoid, rock-hopped a bit and followed the creek directly on the south side. That wouldn't be possible in higher waters.

BTW following Paiute north from the confluence is a real pain. It's far simpler to continue up W Fork and then cross the obvious saddle over to Paiute and pickup an old abandoned trail that meets with the main Crabtree trail. (Although, it's a nicer hike following W Fork north to the Crabtree trail vs old Paiute trail.) The old Paiute trail can also be followed NE up to Chain Lakes
CloudSplitter
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: 7/6-9 West Fork Cherry Creek - Bourland Meadow TH

Post by CloudSplitter »

Thanks for all of the great info, guys. I'm planning on attempting this route from Bourland Meadow up into Louse Canyon tomorrow...will post a trip report when I return!