Pine Cliff Resort

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
WA Hiker
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Pine Cliff Resort

Post by WA Hiker »

Anyone have any experience camping at this site on June Lake? They do not have bear boxes and recommend leaving food stored in your vehicle overnight. This seems contrary to any other advice I"ve heard. Maybe their bears don't know how to break in to cars? :D
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Pine Cliff Resort

Post by maverick »

WA Hiker wrote:
Anyone have any experience camping at this site on June Lake? They do not have bear boxes and recommend leaving food stored in your vehicle overnight. This seems contrary to any other advice I"ve heard. Maybe their bears don't know how to break in to cars? :D
Great way to get your car opened like a can of sardines.
Have not been there, but here are some reviews: https://www.yelp.com/biz/pine-cliff-rv- ... -june-lake
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
tweederjohnson
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Pine Cliff Resort

Post by tweederjohnson »

My wife and I stayed at the Oh Ridge Campground immediately adjacent to the Pine Cliff Resort. We used the showers at the resort's general store. The resort itself was packed full of RVs with tons of kids zipping around on bikes. It looked pretty wild.

As for Oh Ridge (which has bear boxes if you're concerned about your car's well-being), we were thankful to get a site as we had struck out at several other campgrounds that day--though there were plenty available at Oh Ridge (presumably because there are hardly any trees for shade and it's a pretty good walk to the lake as the parking lot to the public beach below fills up). Some people told us of a rough road that headed down to a great beach on June Lake from near the Oh Ridge pay station that made for a much less crowded lake experience than the main public beach. The road wasn't too bad (our CRV handled it okay) and we loved the beach. June Lake is awesome...the dark blue interior surrounded by the light blue shallow water kinda reminded me of a mini-Tahoe...only with warmer water.