yosemite wilderness permit edit

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
nstd
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

yosemite wilderness permit edit

Post by nstd »

I got a permit for hetch hetchy and now my friend wants to join. how do i add him? Tried calling but yosemite is always busy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: yosemite wilderness permit edit

Post by maverick »

Yosemite NP:
You can add another person to your wilderness permit reservation for an additional fee as long as space is still available for that trailhead. If space is no longer available for that trailhead, you can try to change your reservation to another date or another trailhead (as long as space is available).
https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/wildpermits.htm
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Dates so far, that are fully booked from Beehive Meadows:
June 23 24 25 30

Their are 21 reservable and 14 first come, first served permits for each day available, you should be able to score some.

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
nstd
Topix Novice

Post by nstd »

thanks for the responses. I'm pretty sure I can add my friend but the trouble is contacting yosemite to add him. phone lines are constantly busy.

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

AlmostThere
Topix Addict

Post by AlmostThere »

I don't think I've ever reserved Hetch Hetchy permits. Usually we show up and grab a permit on the way in the gate. Of course, the way this year is running, that may change with frustrated people grabbing up permits wherever they can go when they can't hike on Tioga....

I just keep hitting redial when I have to. Faxing means it goes in the pile. It's a big pile.
nstd
Topix Novice

Post by nstd »

got through after 5 redials. thanks everyone.

hikerchick395
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by hikerchick395 »

Hmmm...I got through the first try this morning...

Reluctantly, I cancelled my Glen Aulin/Waterwheel Falls permit.

Bur I had no problem earlier this year...got a Cathedral Lakes permit for today. Later changed that to Glen Aulin for today, then a few days later got my permit for Cathedral in September.