Southwest yosemite info needed

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Southwest yosemite info needed

Post by overheadx2 »

I am interested in doing a 4 day 20 to 25 mile hike in the southern yosemite area in June. I'm interested in the Ostrander /Hart lake/ Buena Vista Lake area. I was wondering about heading to Ostrander and then cross country to Hart or Edson Lake to get away from the crowds for a day or 2 and then exiting to Buena vista and out at Chil falls. Any ideas as to when that area will be relatively snow free this season? How is the XC from Ostrander to Buena Vista (looks pretty straight forward on the topo)? any other loops or hikes in this area that would work and be less crowded? Any fishing info on Hart or Edson Lakes? Thanks in advance, Phil
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Southwest yosemite info needed

Post by maverick »

Any fishing info on Hart or Edson Lakes?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11520&p=86895&hilit ... ake#p86895
Any ideas as to when that area will be relatively snow free this season?
Definitely not June, all those lakes are above 8000 ft, even if it melts out a bit, there will be a lot of flooded areas.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org