TR HST meetup 2016

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR HST meetup 2016

Post by Harlen »

What are you considering Marie pass? Rodgers pass is not that bad if you take your time and spread out, you could go over towards the more stable rocks it may easier if comfortable with that kind of terrain, steeper but more stable would probably be my choice
Gazelle.

I saw Marie Pass in the "Backcountry Passes" section of our HST Resources. Strangely, it only shows it reaching the top of the broad northern ridge of peak 3652 (on the Ritter 7.5 Quad. map). From there one assumes the route contours south to the divide. It looks interesting, and easy, but I recall that some of that slatey, Ritter Range rock can be pretty unstable. I think we'll be fine.
Rodgers pass is not that bad
And now I realize that "Rodger's Pass" involves YNP land- so it is out of the running for "dog-law-abiding citizens" like me. :paranoid:
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

I am pretty sure I went over somewhere in there as I traversed from north clinch pass to Marie lakes it was no problem you should be fine!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

I do have some pictures also
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
oldhikerQ
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by oldhikerQ »

Thanks so much for the trip report and photos; very inspiring.
I can't imagine keeping up with the pace that you made. That is way beyond the realm of possibility for me these years.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost