Rethinking this summer!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
mkbgdns
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Rethinking this summer!

Post by mkbgdns »

have they actually put a bridge there? haven't been in a long time, used to be a very large downed tree spanning the south fork, planed flat on top surface--perfectly safe.
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by LMBSGV »

Yes, they put in a very sturdy bridge in 2006-7. It's quite high above the river so they obviously designed and built it to withstand spring flooding. It's definitely not as fun to do as the old large tree/log jam, but with the bridge it's a lot easier to stop in the middle and appreciate the view up and down the river.
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by robow8 »

Here's the bridge at Upper Paradise:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

Even up north here, one July 4 weekend, I was hiking over snow the whole time, could not even make the parking area at Hay Meadow in the Caribou Wilderness. Elevation was around 6400.
Duane
Piece of cake.