Lost GoPro: Duck Lake Trail, Mammoth Area 7/23/16

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
JAKE_M
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Lost GoPro: Duck Lake Trail, Mammoth Area 7/23/16

Post by JAKE_M »

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum but hope to be more active soon. However, I must start by asking the hiking community for help.

This past weekend (7/23/26) I was hiking up to Duck Lake from Coldwater Campground in Mammoth. At some point on my way back from the lake my trusty GoPro dislodged from my bag and tumbled out of site. Once I realized it was missing I was already 3/4 of the way back up and out of the lake. I went back to look for it but to no avail.

I only ask, in the slightest of hopes, that if anyone reading this and happened to have found a GoPro in that area please contact me. I realize it's most likely a lost cause and I will be shopping for a new one soon. I had to at least try to recover it. I love taking pictures in the outdoors and its a bummer to lose any piece of gear to a careless mistake.

If any of you kind souls have perhaps stumbled upon a camera on the Duck Lake Trail, between the lower stream crossing and near the top of the pass. Or if you are heading to that area soon and find it, could you please contact me? You would be my new favorite human!

Thanks a bunch! See you outside.
Jake
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.