Missing Hiker - Loch Leven Lakes - Placer County

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
fishwrong
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Missing Hiker - Loch Leven Lakes - Placer County

Post by fishwrong »

I'm not sure if this has been posted previously, but I just found out an friend's son is missing. Only information I have is from the KCRA news report. With some information below.

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/new ... r/39590994

Cody Michael left home to go camping with his German Shepherd along the Loch Leven trail in Placer County Sunday, but didn’t return home as planned Monday.

Search teams with the Placer County Sheriff’s Office combed the trail and nearby areas for any signs of the hiker Tuesday. His silver SUV remained parked in the same spot where he left it Sunday.

Deputies said Michael is an outdoorsman and in good health.

“He definitely was prepared for coming out here for camping. He had the right equipment, he had warm clothing, a tent, a sleeping bag. His dog even had boots on him, and a little vest for his dog,” Sergeant Ty Conners with the Placer County Sheriff’s Office said.

Michael’s parents received a photo via text on Sunday, showing him at the entrance of the trail with his dog. The following day would be the last time they heard from him.

If anyone on the board was in the area, or has information, please contact the Placer County Sheriff's office. Please spread the word and hold good thoughts.
fishwrong
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Missing Hiker - Loch Leven Lakes - Placer County

Post by fishwrong »

Here is a picture of the hiker and his German Shepard sent during his hike.
Cody Michael.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vaca Russ
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Vaca Russ »

I have been following this story. He should be found quickly. I hope all turns out OK.

-Russ
"...Or have you only comfort, and the lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host and then a master?"

Kahil Gibran.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Your previous thread was merged into to the already existing thread in the SAR section: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14356
Please add any additional/up to date information to that thread, this thread is now locked. Thanks
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org