By mid June the bridge at the outlet of Vernon is usually safe. However, if the year is especially wet and the melt a little delayed it might not be. Check before you leave so you don't get halfway through your loop and discover you need to reverse. By the way, going IN from beehive to Vernon avoids any major stream crossings at all and is a great route when that is a concern.
If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Users browsing this forum: dprice1 and 2 guests