Upper Goddard Creek Lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Upper Goddard Creek Lakes

Post by Jimr »

I agree with Dave. Not enough time, given the restraints, to do anything but hike. I've hiked into that area from Hell For Sure pass and from Finger Col. 3 days in.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

dougieb
Topix Regular

Post by dougieb »

I want to thank all of you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences. I do think it would be a bit too much for my folks so I think I'll take them somewhere different... Maybe Pine Creek Pass to Royce and then Merriam Lake. Its beautiful out there, not too heavily traveled and cross country is fairly easy out there. The funny thing is that when I was younger, I hated to hike. I would whine the whole time and I never went voluntarily. I still remember my first backpack when I was 8 or 9 to the Three Sisters in Oregon... Well thank goodness they made me go all those years because it got into my blood. 15-20 years have passed, and now the mountains are on my mind every day. My folks are in their early 60's now and they're still kicking ass (just slower and with more breaks but that works for me!) I am going to postpone Goddard until I can get a friend of mine to come with me. We can cover more miles in a shorter time then.