Piute Pass North Lake Popular Entry Permit

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
JWreno
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Piute Pass North Lake Popular Entry Permit

Post by JWreno »

I set my alarm to reserve my Piute Pass - North Lake permit. I needed a permit for 3. I hit the button to reserve at exactly 7AM this morning. When I finished filling out and paying for the reservation 10 minutes later, 17 out of 18 spots were already reserved. Looking forward to spending 9 days exploring lakes and passes along the SHR. The goal for this trip is views, photos, side trips to additional lakes and fun. We might even bring a stove and cook for the first time in about a decade.

Last year I was going to do this trip be had to settle on a McGee Creek entry because all the Piute Pass - North Lake spots where booked for all of August. A work conflict came up and we couldn't do the trip. Hopefully this time works out well.

I just go my confirmation email so it looks like it's time to go back to bed for a while longer.
Jeff