Who owns this lake? Yosemite or Emigrant?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
bigd
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Who owns this lake? Yosemite or Emigrant?

Post by bigd »

The simple answer is that the border on this map: https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php? ... &z=16&t=t4 correctly tells us which way the water flows. I verified that your "Corsica" flows towards Fawn Lake and "Sardinia" flows towards the main lake.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Stanislaus was out at the lake, the preliminary findings show that the lake is within Stanislaus and the Emigrant Wilderness, there will be further readings taken later this week. Yosemite and FS Regional Office are working together in resolving this matter, when they have reach a definite conclusion will post an update.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

STF, Yosemite, and Regional USFS will have to return next year to finalize the decision, no decisive ruling could be made on 2 trips to the lake this year, on the first visit the drainage was towards Cherry Creek(STF), on the second, it was towards Fawn (Yose). The agencies will re-visit next year to determine which drainage is lower.

So the mystery continues on....

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
SNOOOOW
Topix Regular

Post by SNOOOOW »

OK,I just have to say that this topic is hilarious. Why someone would worry about such a thing is beyond me but now that I read all the posts here I find myself very curious as well. Cannot wait for the final verdict and I am sure I will make a trip out there myself just to see this mystery area! :drinkers:
Without a People's army, the people have nothing.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

well.. we could ski in and dam one outlet and dig the other outlet deeper to sway the results. :D
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

SNOOOOW wrote:OK,I just have to say that this topic is hilarious. Why someone would worry about such a thing is beyond me but now that I read all the posts here I find myself very curious as well. Cannot wait for the final verdict and I am sure I will make a trip out there myself just to see this mystery area! :drinkers:
I wonder the same about crossword puzzles, geocaching and other nerdy cerebral activities, only to me this is much more interesting. :D
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I wonder the same about crossword puzzles, geocaching and other nerdy cerebral activities, only to me this is much more interesting.
:nod: :nod:

Tom_H
Topix Expert

Post by Tom_H »

ERIC wrote:I wonder the same about crossword puzzles, geocaching and other nerdy cerebral activities, only to me this is much more interesting. :D
Man, isn't that the truth!! :thumbsup: