Adventures With Rogue Photonic 2015 July 3-August 19

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
ExploreABitMore
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Adventures With Rogue Photonic 2015 July 3-August 19

Post by ExploreABitMore »

Hadn't seen this thread before. Really enjoyed looking through all the photos, looked like a great adventure. Thanks for sharing!
Sierra Nevada, Mojave Desert, Night Sky Photography: http://www.evanthomasphoto.com/
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Great report. Too bad all that smoke marred the views. Kid Lakes look really nice, I will have to go there sometime. I think one could spend 10 days just wandering around from Volcanic Lakes east to Marion Lake. You just have to "pay the price" of a 5000-foot gain to get there. Do you think there is any route that could drop down to Muro Blanco? Muro Blanco is on my late season to-do list and combining it with the crest is an appealing idea.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I have a photo from Arrow Peak looking at the wall from the branches of Kid Creek and it looks like allot of risk. Just so much solid granite. What I can see of the main drainage of Kid Creek dropping down where it is not granite walls it's highly over grown. Probably a bush whack all the way.

I've wanted to climb the unnamed peak on the far west part of Arrow Ridge. I'd get a direct shot from there to study before I'd attempt it.
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic

Post by wildhiker »

Alpinemike - thanks for this wonderful trip report and great photos! I'm too old for that kind of rugged climbing, so it's fun to read your adventures.
-Phil
alpinemike
Topix Expert

Post by alpinemike »

Glad everyone enjoyed the report. It's my pleasure to share my experiences out there with those that can't get out for that long. I am hoping to keep doing this as long as my body allows it. Hopefully I'll write a book someday about a compilation of my travels.
Never put off a backpacking trip for tomorrow, if you can do it today...
Alpine Mike-

http://mikhailkorotkinphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bbayley80
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by bbayley80 »

Alpinemike-
just wanted to thank you for this great report and photos.
amazing adventure. its really appreciated
thanks for taking the effort-and sign me up for your book!!
alpinemike wrote:Hopefully I'll write a book someday about a compilation of my travels.