Planning for June 2016

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
OzSwaggie
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Planning for June 2016

Post by OzSwaggie »

Thank you for suggestions, very grateful! Clark Range Loop looks stunning! Any more suggestions of trails that might be do-able even in June that don't involve sketchy creek crossings or little-used trails (we have no snow navigation experience), I'd would be happy to hear tell of! Please don't think they have to be super remote or "away from the crowds" trails - we are not really fussed by sharing trails with other people, especially early season. And we don't need to cover lots of miles, either. We like doing a few miles then hanging out somewhere pretty :)
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maiathebee »

Chris B wrote:maiathebee,
Just as a side note, can you please post when you plan to go to Yosemite, you seem to be a storm magnet so I want to make sure I'm not planning to be there when you are :-)
I know, right??! That trip was just ridiculous. Call me up if you ever need help locating a few piles of donkey dung in which to pitch your tent.
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

Big winter late June without mucho snow is a nada. Have two scenarios queued up, one if modest winter do what you want in the High Sierra. Plan B could be Falls Creek out of Hetch Hetchy or Emigrant Basin out of Crabtree.