Sabrina basin - midnight to Babbon Lake

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Sabrina basin - midnight to Babbon Lake

Post by overheadx2 »

I'm headed up with my surfing friends for an easy one up in the Sabrina lake basin. This one is about fishing so the plan is to hit midnight lake. I would like to head over to baboon lake foe a look around. Is Theer a XC way to get between basins with out having to go back and around? Any thing that should not be missed in there?
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sabrina basin - midnight to Babbon Lake

Post by ERIC »

Anyone?
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sabrina basin - midnight to Babbon Lake

Post by maverick »

Theer a XC way to get between basins with out having to go back and around?
Sorry, missed this with all the prep for our search.
No x-country routes from Midnight to Baboon Lakes, you can go off trail to Emerald, but that is not going to save you a lot of time, though Emerald Lakes are pretty. Dingleberry is supposed to have some decent fishing.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org