Kaiser Wilderness August 1-3 2015 Report

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
seniorstinky
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Kaiser Wilderness August 1-3 2015 Report

Post by seniorstinky »

Hey guys! Before the semester started, I took a trip with my cousin and uncle up to Campfire Lake and messed around up there for three days. Weather was beautiful throughout and mosquitoes were non existent. Fish were jumping in every lake we passed and that is including Upper Twin Lake. Trail was well marked and the views were gorgeous. Couldn't have asked for a better outing. Although, I did forget to bring my film camera but thanks to the cameras on phones these days here are some pictures that I managed to snap!

http://imgur.com/a/ZaBet

Let me know if you guys have any questions! Also, sorry for such a late post, i've been relatively busy with starting a new job, care taking, and school.

Solvitur Ambulando
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert

Re: Kaiser Wilderness August 1-3 2015 Report

Post by Troutdog 59 »

Nice report and really nice pics for a phone. Love all the flowers!!!
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Thank you James for sharing your outing with us, sound like fun, and the pictures turned out fine. :thumbsup:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Nice photos and trip. It looks like the smoke from the Rough Fire (which was just beginning to get going at that time) avoided Kaiser Wilderness when you were there. I was SE at this time and getting a lot of smoke.

Those little pocket basins in Kaiser Wilderness are very nice places to spend time and enjoy.

That is rather adventurous off trail hiking to do with flip flops on! You have some tough feet and ankles.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seniorstinky
Topix Novice

Post by seniorstinky »

giantbrookie wrote:Nice photos and trip. It looks like the smoke from the Rough Fire (which was just beginning to get going at that time) avoided Kaiser Wilderness when you were there. I was SE at this time and getting a lot of smoke.

Those little pocket basins in Kaiser Wilderness are very nice places to spend time and enjoy.

That is rather adventurous off trail hiking to do with flip flops on! You have some tough feet and ankles.
Thanks! Yeah the last morning i woke up for the sunrise and you could tell the smoke was starting to encroach. We couldn't have timed it more perfectly!

Yeah those were my cousins homemade sandals. Dude travels everywhere with them. He got me into barefoot hiking too. He followed me all the way to the top and through some pretty gnarly coarse soil with no problems.