Ideas for a 40 -50 miler in eastern yosemite area

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Ideas for a 40 -50 miler in eastern yosemite area

Post by overheadx2 »

So it appears as if my niece caught the bug. She is back in school in Hawaii and my brother says she is always drawing pictures of our trip. More importantly she has my brother pulling out his maps trying to figure out where we are going next year. She saw a picture that my brother has of us atop Clouds Rest 20 years ago and has requested to go there. I would love to mess around in the back country south of Vogelsang and then maybe XC to clouds rest and exit at Cathedral lakes (or vice versa). Maybe start in the thousand island area and head north without getting on the JMT for very long. Looking for a 40 to 50 mile route (depending on the amount of Passes and XC) with some relatively easy class 2 as well as relatively easy XC an option. Any thoughts?