Rogue & Mike Sighting

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Rogue & Mike Sighting

Post by robow8 »

Was up at Grant Grove last Sunday, learning that we wouldn't be able to do the Rae Lakes Loop and getting a permit to get on the HST. With a little extra time on our hands as we didn't have to drive down to Roads End for our permit, we walked around a bit, then went back to the market area. Saw a news van there and then saw two backpackers. I was wondering if it was Colby and his friend who I was supposed to give a ride to today, August 22, back to Lodgpole. Went over and saw that they were trying to hitch to Lodgepole and struck up a conversation. They mentioned that they had been out for 45 days, and I thought to myself,"the only people crazy enough to be out that long are Rogue and Mike". So I asked them, "are you Roguephotonic?" He kind of looked surprised, then replied that he was. And not wanting to be left out, Mike chimed in the he was Alpine Mike! I told them that our plans had changed, and that we would be leaving for Lodgepole at 5 the next morning. Gave them a ride to Wusachi Lodge so they could chill for a while before Lodgepole opened up. Had a nice chat on the way.

Then Thursday morning, we were having some breakfast at the bridge over Lone Pine Creek, and we see a backpacker coming down from Bearpaw. Guess who? Rogue! On his way up to Tamarack Lake and beyond!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.