Campsites around Rae Lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
dbogey
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Campsites around Rae Lakes

Post by dbogey »

Trying to finalize some campsites so I can have them on my map. I'll be in the Rae Lakes area next week and was looking for sites that the HST people may reccommend. I'll have a 10x10 Pyramid tarp for the two of us. I'd like to get up into the Dragon lake area and there looks to be some nice flat spots by the look of the contour lines here . This would be on the left heading up to Dragon Lake. Our second night will be 60 Lakes Basin.

If anyone is out next week, the metor showers should be a real treat.
Just another day in paradise
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Campsites around Rae Lakes

Post by robow8 »

No help with the campsites, but I am interested in others replies as I'll be up there on the 18th and 19th.

I will be at Cedar Grove on Saturday and Sunday and hope to see some good Perseid action!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Campsites around Rae Lakes

Post by maverick »

There are sites all along the lakes western end, you will have no problem finding a spot for your tent.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org