TR: Maverick's 2015 Annual HST Meet-Up 7/22-7/24/15

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Maverick's 2015 Annual HST Meet-Up 7/22-7/24/15

Post by Hobbes »

A picture might be worth a thousand words, but some/many/most of your photos don't really convey how critical and sketch those peaks and passes actually are in person.

While the Sierra challenge starts from established THs and is ostensibly a group activity, a casual reader probably wouldn't connect both the solo aspect and the fact that those places you visited are about as remote as one can get.

It will be good to catch up this summer - you can scare me again with your peak bagging stories along the way to the meet-up location. LOL
Gazelle
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Maverick's 2015 Annual HST Meet-Up 7/22-7/24/15

Post by Gazelle »

Hobbes you should join me for Electra and Rodgers on the Thursday of the meetup if all works well for me getting there on time!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein