TR: Lake Italy, Bear Basin July 1-6 2015

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Lake Italy, Bear Basin July 1-6 2015

Post by giantbrookie »

Nice report and photos. I like that flower garden shot, too. That's a very nice combo of flowers. I was just up there early this month and the flowers were still not bad in early August but I could tell by all the dried ones that it was past peak.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thebrenner
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Thebrenner »

Giantbrookie......I'm curious how you got into Bear Basin? As far as I can tell it seems "easiest" from Italy Pass........but I'm wondering what others think??
I just got back from two weeks, (TR coming soon) in the Sierra.....still saw some nice wildflowers.
brenner
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Cross Country »

I enjoyed your repost a lot because it´s one of the few remote places to which I never went. Although it has a trail to the first part, it´s still remote.