Bishop Pass Trip Report, July 11 2015

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
HikingGeek.com
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Bishop Pass Trip Report, July 11 2015

Post by HikingGeek.com »

I was hoping to hike White Mountain Peak this past Saturday, but the forecast scared me off. We ended up hiking Bishop Pass instead.

We met a couple that had planned to jump onto the JMT/PCT for a bit after going over the pass. They started their hike Tues and spent much of their time hanging out in their tent in Dusy Basin. They decided to cut their trip short and exit the way they entered.

On our way out, the clouds moved in. Hopefully everyone who was out on the JMT stayed warm and dry.

Here are some hightlights from our hike:
Bishop Pass, July 11 2015

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Bishop Pass Trip Report, July 11 2015

Post by maverick »

Thanks for the info and the pretty photo's HG. :thumbsup:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
HikingGeek.com
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Bishop Pass Trip Report, July 11 2015

Post by HikingGeek.com »

maverick wrote:Thanks for the info and the pretty photo's HG. :thumbsup:
Thanks Maverick!