Rae Lakes loop 6/15 | High Sierra Topix  

Rae Lakes loop 6/15

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Rae Lakes loop 6/15

Postby Lisalu22 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 am

We were set to begin the Rae Lakes Loop on Monday 6/15, we headed out, once we got to Mist falls, we took a quick break, but he mosquitos were so bad we had to keep moving, and finally get out the deet, the higher up we got the better the mosquitos, but they were pretty bad any time we stopped.
we were not able to finish the whole loop because my husband got sick,
but it was HOT, much hotter than we expected, at one point we had a reading of 95 degrees!
We hope to be able to finish the loop some other time.

Lisalu22
Topix Novice

Experience: N/A

Re: Rae Lakes loop 6/15

Postby maverick » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:24 am

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to read about your husband getting sick, was it the altitude, heat, or dehydration (maybe the combo of the last two)? To help with those mini blood sucking vampires please read this: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7828&hilit=mosquito+avoidance#p56699
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Rae Lakes loop 6/15

Postby Lisalu22 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:20 pm

maverick wrote:Hi Lisa,

Sorry to read about your husband getting sick, was it the altitude, heat, or dehydration (maybe the combo of the last two)? To help with those mini blood sucking vampires please read this: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7828&hilit=mosquito+avoidance#p56699

I think your are right,it was the heat and dehydration, and loss of electrolytes I think.
Lisalu22
Topix Novice

Experience: N/A

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping