Ediza Lake 6/12 - 6/14/2015

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
KingMouth
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Ediza Lake 6/12 - 6/14

Post by KingMouth »

Thanks to all for the comments.

I've already turned off the date on the camera, and circled those westside locales on my mental map!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Last Fall I caught fish in the middle Nydiver Lake. I too thought there were none, until about 6PM when I started catching them. 8-11" fish, not sure what kind since I am terrible at identifying fish. Not great fishing but sufficient for dinner. I camped up there so was able to fish quite late in the day.

The west end of Garnet Lake has good fishing and campsites - not many people go there. Follow a use trail from the JMT.
FeetFirst
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by FeetFirst »

Wandering Daisy wrote:The west end of Garnet Lake has good fishing and campsites - not many people go there.
Indeed!

I'm still rather convinced that you can achieve more than you've ever dreamed of if you just lower your standards.