TR: S Lake to Dusy Basin Via Bishop Pass 6/3 to 6/7/15

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
gabe&mel
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: S Lake to Dusy Basin Via Bishop Pass 6/3 to 6/7/15

Post by gabe&mel »

FeetFirst wrote:
Do I spy a McHale?
Yes you do. My LBP 37 my trusty "other" partner in crime, with me on every trip the last 5 years and looking none the worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cahikr
Topix Acquainted

Post by cahikr »

Fantastic trip report!
I was hoping to find a recent report as I will be heading to Dusey Basin on the 26th through the 28th of this month.
Not being a fisherman I was hoping for some input on places to explore while we are there.
We will really only have one day (the 27th) to explore so any input would be appreciated.
gabe&mel
Topix Regular

Post by gabe&mel »

cahikr wrote:Fantastic trip report!
I was hoping to find a recent report as I will be heading to Dusey Basin on the 26th through the 28th of this month.
Not being a fisherman I was hoping for some input on places to explore while we are there.
We will really only have one day (the 27th) to explore so any input would be appreciated.

On our way down from the pass we stopped and had lunch somewhere near the lake around 11,400 ft elevation and it was incredibly beautiful, I would of liked to explore that area and the surrounding lakers better (we spent the most of our time ~ 10,800 ft). We had plans to day hike up to Knapsack pass to get a better view of Dusy and the Palisade Basin but weather squashed that plan, I suspect the views are pretty but I haven't been up there.

If I weren't I fishing I would walk up the creeks connecting the lakes at 10,800 and 11,400 ft, taking ample time to just sit and soak in the serenity with a good book. Mel would take more photos of the lakes and panos. I'm not a climber/peak bagger so maybe others can speak to that, but it would seem you are in striking distances of some nice peaks.

Best of Luck.
cahikr
Topix Acquainted

Post by cahikr »

Thanks for the tips.