Overnight trip in emigrant 6/11-12 (postponed till next week

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Overnight trip in emigrant 6/11-12 (postponed till next

Post by MountainMinstrel »

Thanks Dave, I saw that report. I am going to go in at St. Mary's pass, hit Sonora Peak, and then head down to Wolf Creek. Overnight there and then head out via PCT the next day. I am hoping that the elevation will help some and that the breezy conditions in play right now hold for next week. Either way I am going and if the blood suckers get too bad we'll just make it a dayhike. Right now the reports are showing no breezes Monday or Tuesday but you know how those change as you get closer.

I wish that I had the time and money to head over to Tuolumne Meadows of something but I had to choose between badly needed boots and a park pass, so it will be another month before I get into Yosemite or SEKI.
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

There will be less mosquitoes on ridges near Sonora Pass because it is all relatively porous volcanic geology that doesn't have much standing water. However down near the creek with all the vegetation and out of more direct breezes would have more. Arrowhead balsomwood and mule ears ought to be coming into bloom on those volcanic slopes. Good luck.

David
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert

Post by MountainMinstrel »

Thanks Dave
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.