Baxter Pass 5/4/15

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
jenreyn
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Baxter Pass 5/4/15

Post by jenreyn »

Just a few pics from yesterday's hike.....I think that there will be snow again up there after the next couple of days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Baxter Pass 5/4/15

Post by Hobbes »

Looks like you topped out and headed back down? I'd do the same looking at that incoming weather. Curious how far the lakes have iced out - or if at all. If we get a warm spell in a few weeks, Jim and I are planning on going from Taboose to Kearsarge. Hoping to have the snow on Pinchot/Glen nice & consolidated. 'Course, any late spring weather like that will keep us back down by the coast.
jenreyn
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Baxter Pass 5/4/15

Post by jenreyn »

Hobbes,

Up high lakes are still frozen. Some are maybe melting out a little around outlets. We turned just before cresting the pass.....I did appreciate the buildup or that the temps were dropping quickly. It started to snow 15-20 minutes later and the storm followed us past the creek crossing half way down. I know that Glen has snow on the north side. Not sure if it will be consolidated, depends on our wacky weather we are having. I am tempted to hike Glen Pass in the next couple weeks. I know that the precip coming this week is expected to drop close to a foot of snow above 12000ft.