Rae lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Jdt92065
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Rae lakes

Post by Jdt92065 »

I will be starting Rae lakes June 8, I know it's hard to know now but how do you think the snow and mosquitoes will be.
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Rae lakes

Post by AlmostThere »

Jdt92065 wrote:I will be starting Rae lakes June 8, I know it's hard to know now but how do you think the snow and mosquitoes will be.
Unless it snows some more, I doubt there will be enough to be troublesome - perhaps on the north side of the passes. North facing slopes hold more snow later than exposed slopes.

I think mosquitoes will have a shorter season than usual, but will be taking my usual precautions until I notice none. Once I have a trip out with no skeeters I start leaving the head net and bug junk at home. Early June, yeah, I'd expect some. Not as many as in a good year, but enough to bite.