!! PLEASE POST TRIP REPORTS !!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: !! PLEASE POST TRIP REPORTS !!

Post by rlown »

I think he is referring to the cursor focus when you hit 'place inline'. It does jump and sometimes doesn't stay where you want to place the pic. I've seen it jump right into the middle of a sentence, and then it's cleanup mode for a few.

Two options I use:

1) First, I place the pics I want to put in the TR, do a preview to see that they show, and then submit(no draft just posted). At the same time, I have my text in another file that i can copy/paste, edit the post and add the text.

2) I build out the text first, preview and then submit, and then I come back and insert the pics making sure my cursor is in the right spot to place inline.

I prefer #1.

Pic size is obvious when you try and upload so, that isn't that big of a deal. I try and keep it at 1Mb max per pic and maybe 10 per TR if hosted on the HST. If your pics are external, I think it's easier, except with Google pics now.
mikewest2012
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by mikewest2012 »

Thanks! Your responses help a lot. I will try again and use your suggestions...
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

maverick wrote:Fellow HST Members,

We would like to request from all our HST members to please write up trip reports, it is
one of the many things that makes High Sierra Topix such a unique and a great community
to be a part of.

We enjoy helping anyone here, many request beta about a certain routes or peaks, sometimes
a thread can run a couple pages long, but then the person requesting the info never comes back
to share their experience, how the information they got here may have helped them, did they
find a different route or maybe a safer alternative route that could be helpful to another fellow
member who is interested in exploring the same locations.

Your pictures also help many of us get thru the slower parts of the year (Winter), and also helps
plant the seeds for places to visit in the upcoming backpacking/climbing/fishing season.

So please embrace our community, and be a team player by posting trip reports starting this year.

Thank you.
Bump..
fpb56
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by fpb56 »

Will do