!! PLEASE POST TRIP REPORTS !!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

!! PLEASE POST TRIP REPORTS !!

Post by maverick »

Fellow HST Members,

We would like to request from all our HST members to please write up trip reports, it is
one of the many things that makes High Sierra Topix such a unique and a great community
to be a part of.

We enjoy helping anyone here, many request beta about a certain routes or peaks, sometimes
a thread can run a couple pages long, but then the person requesting the info never comes back
to share their experience, how the information they got here may have helped them, did they
find a different route or maybe a safer alternative route that could be helpful to another fellow
member who is interested in exploring the same locations.

Your pictures also help many of us get thru the slower parts of the year (Winter), and also helps
plant the seeds for places to visit in the upcoming backpacking/climbing/fishing season.

So please embrace our community, and be a team player by posting trip reports starting this year.

Thank you.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
shan1203
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Requesting Trip Reports

Post by shan1203 »

maverick,

Will do! I so appreciate the previous trip reports that I've used to plan my own trips - they are an invaluable resource. I got a number of TRs up last season and I hope to get even more time in the Sierra this year.

Thanks for the request!
Shannon
robertseeburger
Topix Expert

Post by robertseeburger »

will do ..leaving tomorrow for 11 days.. kings canyon.
NoBoHiker
Topix Novice

Post by NoBoHiker »

Finally could do my part, hoping to be able to write up more ;-)
Cheers,
Rick

Tioga Road Mono/Parker Pass to Yosemite Valley:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13447
justm
Topix Regular

Re: !! PLEASE POST TRIP REPORTS !!

Post by justm »

Whats the highest resolution setting on my camera that will easily transfer to this site? I've got a Panasonic LX 7 ?
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

justm wrote:Whats the highest resolution setting on my camera that will easily transfer to this site? I've got a Panasonic LX 7 ?
I have my camera set at the highest resolution possible, but when I upload and post pics to photobucket and then use them on HST TRs, I reduce the size of the image to 4"x 6" and it works fine. Basically, leave your resolution alone on the camera so you can have highly quality pictures and then reduce them down later when you are going to use them to post a TR.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lazeydazey
Topix Novice

Post by Lazeydazey »

I'd like to, but where is the appropriate place?
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Hi Lazeydazey -

If a backpacking/camping/hiking trip in the Sierra Nevada you'd post it in the Backpacking / Hiking / Camping forum
If a Sierra Nevada mountain climb/peak bag then you'd post in the Peak Bagging / Rock Climbing / Bouldering forum
If a Sierra Nevada fishing trip then you'd post in The Fishing Hole forum
If a trip report from somewhere beyond the Sierra Nevada then you'd post in the Beyond The Sierra Nevada forum

Have a look around each of those forums and read some trip reports. Should give you a feel for the layout, but happy to answer additional questions to help you get your TR posted!

ERIC

P.S. Throwing in a couple of photos can really add to the value and appeal of a TR. :thumbsup:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
mikewest2012
Topix Novice

Post by mikewest2012 »

Hi Maverick:
I'm trying to create a TR, but it seems to be very complicated. I insert a picture and it ends up in a different place than I expected, it seems the reports don't get automatically saved (I accidentally went out of HST and went back in and my report was gone), pics aren't saved in drafts (why even make a draft?), etc. Is it that complicated to create a post or am I am just lame? I consider myself pretty computer savvy having created several websites, blogs, etc. I just spent 2 hours trying to create a TR and I lost it . It just seemed very difficult to create it, am I doing something wrong?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Make sure your photos are small enough to be uploaded properly and just use the "Upload Attachments / Insert Photos" tab under this box when you posting a new message or editing, it's that easy. :)
Read this post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=103
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org