PCT Trail Angels | High Sierra Topix  

PCT Trail Angels

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Re: PCT Trail Angels

Postby dapperdave » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:44 am

Ed,

I think Hobbes and Jimr did this in April 15.

Dave

dapperdave
Topix Acquainted

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby Hobbes » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:19 am

freestone wrote:One last question, any permits required from the border to Morena?

Jim & I didn't have permits for section A. Based on the research I did, it's either non-wilderness national forest, designated campgrounds (Lake Morena, Boulder Oaks & Mt Laguna) or state park (Anza-Borego) dispersed. There's a small finger of wilderness area further up Hauser creek, but far enough that no one would really hike up that way.

For section B, however, there are wilderness areas around Mt San Jacinto, so I'll have to pull something together if I decide to do that section.
Hobbes
Topix Expert

Experience: N/A

Postby Jimr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Even though it was less than a year ago, It was fun re-reading the original thread. As time goes by, the pain subsides leaving only the wonder of that desert section. For many years I wanted to explore the desert on foot. This was my first real experience of it and I want more.
What?!
Jimr
Topix Fanatic

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Previous

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping