JMT familysummits Mt Whitney!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
varnes-epstein
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

JMT familysummits Mt Whitney!

Post by varnes-epstein »

Hey everybody,
Just a note to say THANK YOU to all who helped us on our JMT road. You may remeber some of my posts as we ( 2 families) prepared to take a 7,9, 10, 10 and 11 yr old from Yosemite to Whitney. We were on an extended 3 month US tour taking on the JMT during the first 5 weeks and are only back to the homestead now. You all know how the weather gods treated us in Aug. so that was pretty sweet. Some highlights: a few puffy clouds, an occasional sprinkle, awesome wildflowers, a multitude of "purple moments", lots of trail magic, supportive leap frog hikers (our extended family), lots of chaffing, one or two kid to rock injuries, minnow hunting and subsequent burials, an earth man gives a lesson in how to build a fire using two sticks, a surprise visit from a family who had done the JMT the year before and knew our itinerary, an unexpected (but hoped for) car key exchange, peanut butter from Yeti, horst blessing us as we descended from Mt Whitney in the blazing sun and a rainbow peaking at us from the storms edge. This adventure became so much bigger than us from the day we put our packs on. I didn't know............
I hope to put together a real trip report soon.
Lisa at Oikos Hollow
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Congratulations to you all. Sounds like it was an amazing trip - hope to hear a full report soon.
Rosabella
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Rosabella »

Great to hear that your trip was successful!! =D> I'd been wondering how your trip went, and how you handled such a long trip with a large group (i.e. setting up camps, re-supplies, etc). Looking forward to the detailed trip report, and post some pictures if possible. Congratulations!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Sounds like everything worked out! And the surprise visit was a bonus, I bet! Looking forward to pics and report! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;