East Lake/Lake Reflection TR: 8/30-9/2(2014)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
astrogerly
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: East Lake/Lake Reflection TR: 8/30-9/2(2014)

Post by astrogerly »

Getting back in the High Sierra was a huge motivator for me too. When I was learning to walk again, I imagined every step was a step toward Evolution Valley! That helped me a lot! I understand trying to do all you can without doing too much. I had my moments of going too far, but I'm getting better about listening to my body. From time to time, especially when I get frustrated, I have to remember that the Sierra isn't going anywhere... some days that's harder to remember than others! ;)
richlong8
Topix Expert

Post by richlong8 »

I wish you the best. Sounds like it is just a matter of time, and letting your body continue to heal. I am not 100% yet, or even pain-free, but I am grateful for how things are going. I am leaving in the morning for a weekend trip over Kearsage Pass, and down to Charlotte and Bullfrog lakes.
astrogerly
Topix Regular

Post by astrogerly »

Thanks! Same to you too! We'll both get there! :) I'm just grateful to be walking, hiking and backpacking again. I know I shouldn't be... my CT scans remind me of this. I love Charlotte Lake - such a relaxing place! Enjoy it!! We're heading over to Moose Lake for the weekend.