Info Pls! "Grasshopper Pass" AKA Baxter Col (E of Acrodecte | High Sierra Topix  

Info Pls! "Grasshopper Pass" AKA Baxter Col (E of Acrodecte

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Info Pls! "Grasshopper Pass" AKA Baxter Col (E of Acrodecte

Postby adixon » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:49 pm

I am in serious need of firsthand info from anybody that has actually done or attempted the north side of "Grasshopper Pass" AKA Baxter Col (E of Acrodectes Peak) in the Baxter Lakes Region.

If you don't know, any suggestions or forwards to someone who might would be gratefully appreciated. I assume that this will eventually lead to a firsthand account. Tx -alan

Secor on pg 176, 3rd Ed, lists this as "class 3 on on its northern side (loose rock!)." A recent viewing this summer would confirm that and more! It does not look like a pleasant or safe route. But you never know. Looks can sometimes be deceiving.

adixon
Topix Novice

Experience: N/A

Re: Info Pls! "Grasshopper Pass" AKA Baxter Col (E of Acrodecte

Postby adixon » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:07 pm

this is a serious inquiry and i could really use any and all info. Tx a million -alan
adixon
Topix Novice

Experience: N/A

Re: Info Pls! "Grasshopper Pass" AKA Baxter Col (E of Acrodecte

Postby maverick » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 pm

PM sent.
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping