TR: Cedar Groves to Reflection Lake (8/23-8/28/14)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
nsmeier
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

TR: Cedar Groves to Reflection Lake (8/23-8/28/14)

Post by nsmeier »

This was not the trip I planned, that I proposed in an earlier post that had us going over Milli'es Foot Pass and around and out Sphinx. Instead we did an out and and back trip, with side trips up toward several passes.

Day 1: Cedar Grove (Road’s End) to Charlotte Creek (8 miles)
Day 2: Charlotte Creek to Harrison Pass trail junction (8 miles) plus side trip to Lake Reflection (5 miles)
Day 3: Harrison Pass trail junction to below Harrison pass and back (5 miles?)
Day 4: Harrison Pass trail junction to Lake below Longely pass then back to Lake Reflection (6 miles?)
Day 5: Day hike from Lake Reflection to below Millie’s Foot Pass and back (4 miles), then to Charlotte Creek (9 miles)
Day 6: Charlotte Creek to Cedar Grove (Road’s End) (8 miles)

For a full description of the trip with photos, see my Trip Report blog:
http://nicholasmeier.wordpress.com/2014 ... eflection/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: Cedar Groves to Reflection Lake (8/23-8/28/14)

Post by kpeter »

Sounds like a very nice trip. You wound up doing just about what I did ten years ago--stopping in the Reflection area and dayhiking after seeing what Harrison Pass looked like. At the time (on the way to Harrison), we did find a use trail off and on paralleling the stream on its north side until we got out of the green, but it was impossible to find it at the bottom due to a slide. We also entirely missed the little forested lake to the south of the trail that others on this board have raved about--we must have passed it in the forest just barely out of sight.