TR: Alger Lakes, Koip and Kuna Peaks 7/24-7/27

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Rockyroad
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Alger Lakes, Koip and Kuna Peaks 7/24-7/27

Post by Rockyroad »

You're welcome dougieb. It's funny that I didn't have high expectations from a place that was so accessible. I was just looking for a shortish 3-nighter to take my brother. But I was wowed by the colors of the area: the red peaks, the milky blue lakes, and the sunset . And surprised to not see anyone else in the area. And the bighorn sighting just made it extra special and unforgettable for me too.
flyzapper
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by flyzapper »

giantbrookie wrote: There will be no problem with water. The reason is that Parker Creek is not fed solely by seasonal snow melt as most High Sierran streams are--it has the added advantage of being fed by some rapidly shrinking small glaciers. Because of this you get year-round water in Parker Creek even during the fall following a dry winter.
Thanks for the info! I got my wilderness permits and I'm getting excited for my trip!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Flyzapper wrote:
Thanks for the info! I got my wilderness permits and I'm getting excited for my trip!
Please write up a TR when you get back from your trip. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org