Dusy basin 8/15

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Dusy basin 8/15

Post by overheadx2 »

Headed up to Dusy and Barrett lakes tomorrow. Headed down on Monday. If any one sees a tall, good looking guy on the bishop pass trail, I'll be the really tall guy behind him so say hello. Thanks for the prior input. TR to come, Phil
RichardCullip
Topix Regular

Re: Dusy basin 8/15

Post by RichardCullip »

Enjoy your hike.
Life is good. Eternal Life is better!

Richard
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Have a great & safe trip Phil.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Mdmustang302
Topix Novice

Post by Mdmustang302 »

I'll be interested to see your trip report as I am headed that way 9/10-9/13.. We are taking a first time backpacker with us.. I'm especially interested in your skeeter report haha!!

Have fun and be safe out there!!
"..The mountains are calling, and I must go..." -John Muir
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

We are taking a first time backpacker with us.. I'm especially interested in your
skeeter report haha!!
Mosquitoes will be a none factor by then, they may gone now, or in the low 1-2 range
at the most.

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Mdmustang302
Topix Novice

Post by Mdmustang302 »

Thanks maverick.. I haven't been in that basin/drainage in probably 10 years.. It will be good to get back up there.. We may not even go over the pass.. Might just do the chocolate lake loop and treasure lake loop and hit the pass just for fun.. Mostly a fishing trip and to get a good buddy of ours out on the trail with a pack for the first time..
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Don't want to piggyback on Phil's thread, so sent you a PM Mdmustang302.

overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

I will be bringing a couple of newbies as well. A neighbor kid has gotten all fired up and has been asking about gear. Since I really have slacked off of my training this year and seem to spend every free minute trying to master paddle board surfing, I figured this would be a nice easy trip to get him started without the same learning curve I went through.
Mdmustang302
Topix Novice

Post by Mdmustang302 »

Good luck with the first timers!! I like introducing people to the sport and especially to the sierras.. I remember my first trip into the sierras in the Rae lakes area like it was yesterday!! Hopefully we can make that impression on them!!