Chain lakes overnight July 19

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Chain lakes overnight July 19

Post by AlmostThere »

I am taking a small group overnight to Chain Lakes in Yosemite NP in a couple of weeks. When I pulled the permit I had 10 people going. Of course, like 100% of all backpacking trips I organize, people drop out. I have five spaces open right now.

This is six miles in and solidly moderate - some forested hiking to a pretty chain of lakes in the subalpine. Bear cans required (I mentioned Yosemite, right?) and no dogs.

If you would like to join me shoot me a PM. I will release the permit slots a couple days before if I don't get any takers (either from the hiking group or from here).

Reimbursement of $5 per person (reservation fee) is all I require - oh, and you should expect to be self sufficient (no group gear) - there may be more dropouts after all. All our group trips are that way. BYOFAG (bring your own food and gear).

I will be stylin' in my Warbonnet Traveler hammock and HUG net, with aged cheddar and a nice red in hand.