Onion Valley-Matlock Lakes Backpack (Topix trip) | High Sierra Topix  

Onion Valley-Matlock Lakes Backpack (Topix trip)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Postby huts » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:48 pm

I have enjoyed and been somewhat envious of all the pictures. I would have joined you all but I dislocated my little toe earlier in the week and it was still swollen and painful. I still hope to meet some of you. Perhaps a ski trip this winter?

Postby Trailtrekker06 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:55 pm

huts- We did think about you, we remembered that you had said you were coming at one point. Next time! I hope your toe is okay. Foot problems are crummy. Would you consider Death Valley sometime this winter?
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Postby Snow Nymph » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:04 pm

huts, we'll do a ski trip too. We have to figure a date when most can go.

I'll try to get a trip on the slopes too. I know a lot of HSTers ski, tele or snowboard.

The next trip will be Death Valley, since we probably won't see snow in the near future.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Postby Ranboze » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Great shots everyone! Trekker - I was feeling the altitude big time that day too. arrgghhh. Two steps, rest.... two steps, rest.

Looking forward to another trip!
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.
Topix Regular

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping