Can You 'Hold' A Campsite?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
InsaneBoost
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: Can You 'Hold' A Campsite?

Post by InsaneBoost »

Does Yosemite Creek ever fill up though? From what I recall it's always open. Never heard of it being filled.
longri
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by longri »

InsaneBoost wrote:Does Yosemite Creek ever fill up though? From what I recall it's always open. Never heard of it being filled.
Fill up? You posted earlier that part of the reason you wanted to hold a site for several days was so that you could get a preferential site, one by the water, one that you said would be "tough to get". You weren't just looking for any available site.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

This thread has been locked since it has served it purpose, and both sides views
have been expressed.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org