Emigrant any water left | High Sierra Topix  

Emigrant any water left

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Emigrant any water left

Postby larree0 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:55 am

Anyone have experience with Lewis Lakes outlet/summit cr during a snow pack year like this one? Will there be ANY water in them? We're thinking late August-early sept. not sure if we can make it into the lakes in one day (so may have to camp around the confluence of the two creeks.)
(When you're on the high side of 70, these little details start to show up!)

Thanks

larree0
Topix Acquainted

Experience: N/A

Re: Emigrant any water left

Postby paul » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Not specifically Lewis lakes but have been to nearby areas in Emigrant in dry conditions. I would expect water in the lakes, and maybe in Summit Creek but I would expect you won't find any small creeks running, so plan to carry what water you need from lake to lake.
paul
Topix Expert

Re: Emigrant any water left

Postby DriveFly44 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:09 pm

We were there (iceland, middle lewis, ridge, etc) 2nd week of August last year and there was plenty in lower lewis outlet and in summit. This year may be different but I can't imagine it would be completely dry by then (at least not summit). Maybe someone will post a TR here as we get closer......and it might be me :)
DriveFly44
Topix Regular

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping