Trip planning June 8-12 | High Sierra Topix  

Trip planning June 8-12

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Re: Trip planning June 8-12

Postby nikhilm » Tue May 27, 2014 9:21 pm

yael wrote:Thanks everyone!!

Looks like the rest of my group tends towards Yosemite, and we will visit the Waterwheel Falls as suggested. On top of that, does any of you know what conditions should I expect at the 10 lakes area?According to a post I read here it doesn't look like I should encounter any problems, but I just want to make sure :)

Ten Lakes to May Lake would be a very relaxed 4 day trip, but you will definitely have a less sketchy experience than I did (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11036) :)
I think conditions will be perfect by the time you go.

Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Postby tomba » Sat May 31, 2014 11:20 pm

maverick wrote:Follow this creek up to Branigan Lake, skirt the lakes southern side, and visit
the southern chain of lakes on the bench above Lake Vernon, very pretty, and total
solitude. You descend down towards the southern end of Lake Vernon to hook up with
the trail which leads back to your campsite along Lake Vernon.

Do you mean this chain of lakes? I visited them last weekend. They are wooded, despite what topo map shows, with dark brown water. :(

Lake just east from point 7575T (click to enlarge):
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby maverick » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Tomba wrote:
They are wooded, despite what topo map shows, with dark brown water.

Really, last time there a small falls near the last lake had some great tasting, cool
water. :\
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member:
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping