The ubiquitous "Help me out" post

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: The ubiquitous "Help me out" post

Post by AlmostThere »

Sykes <> privacy. Pretty much ever. Plus, it's 10 miles one way with 5000+ feet of cumulative gain, likely encroaching poison oak and downed redwoods to climb over or go around.

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Springs-Pools ... ot+springs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this book lists 300+ hot springs in California, not all of which are accessible or primitive.

I would head for Sespe or Willetts midweek.
Tom_H
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: The ubiquitous "Help me out" post

Post by Tom_H »

Hi Zenmaster, and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully some of these other posts will help you out. My knowledge is limited to areas north of Yosemite, prpbably farther than you want to drive in such a short time. I'm afrain most places are still going to be nippy. Most lakes are still iced over or just finished being ice. The same is true for water leaving those streams-it just fnished being ice. If you can try later in summer and with a few more days, there will be opportunities available.

One thing-I hope you will feel that most forum members are welcoming, friendly, and actually enjoy being helpful, and that those few who are grumpy are the exception to the rule.