- Four Mile/Panorama loop in Yosemite
- Clouds Rest
- Bishop Pass
- Kearsarge Pass
- Desolation Wilderness - Aloha Lake or Velma Lakes
- if time permits, also include Cathedral Lakes/May Lake+Hoffman in Yosemite
I have been to Yosemite and Ansel Adams Wilderness once 3 years ago and my friend has been to Lake Tahoe. Neither of us have done any of the proposed hikes. I've done some backpacking and lots of hiking. My friend has done some hiking.
1. Should we book a campsite at one of the Yosemite Valley campgrounds ahead of time? Can those campgrounds still get full after Labor Day? Weekdays? Weekends? We plan on camping here at least one night. What about the campground at Tuolumne Meadows? Plan on staying here at least one night.
2. Same as #1 but for South Lake Tahoe/Emerald Bay campgrounds? Busy?
3. Any suggestions for where to car camp near Bishop Pass and Kearsarge Pass trailheads? Likely less busy here?
4. How cold will nights likely get at campground locations we're consdering? Sounds like daytime can be hot but nights cool. How cold, likely? 40s? 30s?
5. For those familiar with Desolation Wilderness, would you recommend Aloha Lake or Velma Lakes?